Saturday, February 02, 2008

More Moon Magic

I posted below about the synchronous relationship of Savina Yannatou's music with my new work-in-progress, People of the Great Journey. Because I loved 'With the Moon I'm Walking' (a traditional song from the Greek island of Kalymnos), I ordered the Terra Nostra album from my local music shop. Was surprised to discover that it is an album of folk songs from all over the world. So there I was listening to it and working on my book and I was struck by a song in English which sounded familiar. Well, the hair stood up on the back of my neck when I checked what it was: 'A Fairy's Love Song' from the Hebrides (yes, indeedy, the setting of my new book). I have it somewhere in Scots Gaelic, sung by RĂșnrig, I think, my favourite Celtic folk-rock band hailing from the Western Isles and with a new lead singer from Cape Breton Island, Canada. You know, call me mad, but I do accept these little messages from the cosmos as signs that I am on the right path and doing the right thing. Here's a pic of Savina who is as beautiful as her voice. Don't know what that weird mask thing is.

No comments: