Thursday, June 05, 2008

Texas, Here I Come

Great news. I have just heard that my second panel at the annual conference of the NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) in America has been confirmed: "Literature and the Environment." I'll be on that panel with other Green Earth Book Award winners, including the wonderful Jean Davies Okimoto whom I'm really looking forward to seeing again. My first panel on "Elves, Fairies, and Everafters" involves other fantasy writers including the amazing Tamora Pierce. (Can't wait to meet her!) The conference is in November, in San Antonio, Texas. I've never been there so that's really exciting too. I remember the Alamo! Will post all about the conference nearer to the time. I'll be appearing daily at the Abrams booth in the publishers' hall and there may even be free chap books with chapters from The Book of Dreams (out next spring). So if you are in the area, plan to come by and say hello!

2 comments:

sandi said...

OMG! I am going to be at the conference.I will for sure have to mark my schedule to come to your session. How exciting!!!!
It was at one of the NCTE conferences that I picked up an ARC of Summer King and fell completely in love with your books.
(would it be too geeky and out of line if I bring it so you can sign it?)

OR Melling said...

Not at all! I love meeting readers. You could come by the Abrams booth (the programme will say when I am there) as there would be more time to chat there than after the panels. Make sure you say who you are. Don't be shy! I'm really looking forward to this. I went to the NCTE in Pittsburgh and absolutely loved it. Oh, I'll post days and times for panels and booth nearer to the conference.