Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Life in the High Street

Not long back from London where I was wined and dined by my fabulous producers Dawn and Keith Thompson of Diplomat Films: www.diplomatfilms.com. They have taken an option on my new young adult series based on Celtic mythology, for a live-action fantasy show. (Watch this space.) It all began with a dinner party at Helen Worth's (Gail in Coronation Street); the food and the craic was only mighty. Christopher Biggins who won I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here last year told me he loved my hair. I know I'm name-dropping but it was hilarious fun. Next day we went to a play at the Soho Theatre by a London-based Irish playwright Stella Feehily called Dreams of Violence. It reached its highest point when Paula Wilcox - as the has-been pop star now in her 60s - belted out her old hit in terrific style and then slowly but surely disintegrated as the reality of the present sank in. Brilliant stuff. After the show we went for supper in The Ivy Club with doormen in tuxedos and bowlers. Ah, the life to which I would love to become accustomed! Yes, there were business meetings in there as well and all be revealed in due time.

No comments: